Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Born to be free....

It has been nothing short of crazy these past 15 days. You can imagine - (John Zhang's tone is required here - for the uninitiated, Prof Zhang is by and far the best marketing prof I have come across to date, no wonder Wharton rocks!!!)- ok, so you can imagine how much of a grind these past 15 days have been, given the fact that my last post was exactly on the 16th of May. Not meaning to say that my post date is a definitive measure of the degree of busy-ness on campus - I might as well be an outlier, who could perhaps skew your judgement over to the extreme! Don't beat me up, but I just got done with a regressive stats exam, and it kinda seems to show up in my vocabulary big time! In any case, it has not just been me, but almost all of us on campus have been squeezed to the hilt. What with the rude shocks of the mid terms and the sudden 'I am no good' attacks of self pity, only to realize that there was no time for naansense, since a case prep was due in 5 hours!

And then, all the assignments, quizzes, works of modern art (I call case preps works of modern art, since they make sense only to those who write it, or maybe they don't make sense to them either!) gave way to the big E. The end terms. Two days of make or break exams. With 3 days off before the two days of exams, the effort was inversely proportional to the duration of the test! Sunday ended with - 'My intelligence assets not equal to my exam liabilities', since by then we had given up on the notion of the expected value of an MBA versus the effort premium we were putting in, preferring to a great extent the payoff of disutility.

And now, that all of it is over and I perhaps don't need to see a Z statistic or a T stat or an F stat or for that matter any stat, I feel like a huuuuuge burden is off my head. Exams every now and then can be a pain at times, no, sorry, every time. At the same time, though, a small part of me says that one eighth of my time here has drawn to a close. Will time really fly so fast? Must I stop somewhere and enjoy the experience without turning back to see that I have left campus life behind? I don't know. But before I get all too reflective and nostalgic, its time for me to go have dinner with my gang. We're heading out of campus to have some fun, only to head back to the great ISB party circuit. So till the next post (which seems highly probable in the near future since the next set of exams are almost 4 weeks away), adios...
And cheers to being free...........

No comments: