I've been writing this post since quite a while. I wanted to try and collate as many of my random thoughts as I possibly could before putting them here. So some of you may find this post absolutely profound, and some of you may find the stuff here absolutely inane. But you know what? Profound or inane, doesn't matter. You're here, you might as well read the stuff here :)
So here are my pearls of wisdom/ insanity/ whatever. I use the first person, since it is easiest to convey and ruffles the least of feathers. Simple.
- I kept chasing that which was never mine to be, under the delusion of having found perfection. Only to realize that in my chase for perfection, I was leaving behind the imperfect appropriateness which is what life is all about.
- I kept laughing with them all along, to try and break out of the mould, only to realize at the end that the joke was on me all along.
- If the sub-conscious mind is indeed so strong, why don't all dreams come true?
- I kept thinking up camouflaging reasons for my choices, without realizing that my decisions were my own whose rationale did not need explaining to anyone but a few. And those few never questioned the rationale.
- People say and do things that hurt you. And you feel hurt because you're sensitive. And many-a-time, you wish you could hurt them back. Unfortunately those who get hurt, seldom ever have the insensitivity that's needed to hurt others.
- Every move was made in an attempt to try to be accepted into the social code of conduct, to try and make everyone like me as a person. Little did I then realize that those who wish to dislike me would do so, everything else notwithstanding, and trying to win them over would only be a gross waste of time.
- Humanity is a weird species. You are always judged for WHAT you are, rather than for WHO you are.
- Contrary to what anyone may say, you are what you are perceived to be. If you don't like what people think of you, change what you portray of yourself.
- The hunt for perfection is a hunt for dejection. There is never such a thing as a perfect friendship, a perfect relationship, a perfect life. Perfection is an illusion, and like a mirage that deludes the thirsty into imagining the presence of water, perfection deludes an individual into an assumed land of success and acceptance, till finally the mirage collapses and the perfectionist is left in the middle of the scorching desert, burnt, bruised and battered and left to fend for himself while everyone around him has left him on account of his nitpicking ways.
- Providential dispensation is honestly weird. Seemingly run-of-the-mill individuals get everything that defines the whole, complete life, while exceptionals essentially end up as outliers - with neither the entities that define the normal life, not the embellishments that define the good life.