Monday, December 15, 2008

Miscellaneous Monday.... Of cricket, politics and of course a Monday...

1976. Magic number - 406. The opponents - Windies - then considered invincible. History was made. 2008. Magic number - 387. Against the Brits. Sehwag, Yuvi and Tendulkar went ahead and proved why they are feted across the world by anyone with an affinity to the willow! Till late yesterday, India was written off, in terms of drawing this test match let alone winning it. And what makes this victory even more special is the fact that the victory was snatched from the jaws of defeat. I was kinda disgusted at the way we kinda squandered a victory toward the start, and I was pleasantly surprised to see the victory flag.

Cheers to the Indian team...

Bush was booted and rebooted!!!

Some Iraqi journo had the nerve to hit the most powerful man in the world with not one, but two shoes... Yikes!! I agree, Iraqis may be miffed with Dubya for whatever reason, but shoes????????????? This just goes on to show that democracy and civilization don't belong to the world of the barbaric!

And now the Monday moment - This Monday was mixed. I noticed parts of the workplace I had never noticed so far. I cherished my friends and our lunch in the 'training room' more than I did on other days. I looked at my terrace like I never had before. I walked an extra time on the terrace. I noticed portions of my commute I'd never paid attention to before. Kids in a playground, playing as usual - yet another day in their life, thinking, knowing that tomorrow would be similar. The school would remain, and so would the park. Somehow, Enya's 'only time', when juxtaposed with the contrast between what I saw and what I was going through, appealed to me, and stayed with me all day long. For the first time - Cheers to this Monday. I'll remember it forever..................

No comments: